cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Cannon Pixma MG3222. I cannot get it to connect with my wireless lan with the wps function.

MLAbbott
Apprentice

7 REPLIES 7

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi MLAbbott,

Since you are having issues with the wireless setup using the WPS feature, try connecting the printer to the network using a USB cable temporarily. We have a great article on our Knowledge Base to guide you through this process.

For Windows: CLICK HERE

For Mac: CLICK HERE

If this didn't work, or if you have any other questions, please feel free to Contact Us!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Me neither!  Why should we have to connect to the network using a USB cable temorarily??  Doesn't that mean it's not working properly???  Sheeesh....my EPSON was easier than this.

Hi debsnwc!

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forum! The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thanks!

I just bought the PIX MX470 series today.

There is no WPS button on my router.   I do not have a pin #.

I AM RETURNING THIS PRINTER IF THE PROBLEM CANNOT BE RESOLVED.

This machine is useless if I cannot connect it to my computer.

Cannon---------------------you are losing sales.

OMG!  I just followed the link to use Windows to get this thing set up wirelessly and the directions go on and on and on and on.....oh no...this thing is going back to Walmart this afternoon.  And in the directions that came with the printer it said to "hold the WPS button of the access point" - where the heck is that BUTTON!?!?!!?  Let me say I USED to love Canon and the EASE of setup.....not so much now.  Back to the Epson!!!

There is no WPS button on my router.   I do not have a pin #.

I AM RETURNING THIS PRINTER IF THE PROBLEM CANNOT BE RESOLVED.

This machine is useless if I cannot connect it to my computer.

Cannon---------------------you are losing sales.

daniel1954
Apprentice

Canon Pixma MG3200 or Pixma MG3222 is not compatible with windows 8.1. The CD ROM that comes with the printer is useless. Therefore go to Canon U.SA. Support  website is  http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_by_phonene  gives a list of phone numbers for product needed. It fixed mine and I now have wireless printer...

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements