cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get failure msg and need help

Smallacre
Apprentice

Msg received: Stopped - ´Filter´ failed.

What do I need to do?

5 REPLIES 5

gtaft
Apprentice

Same problem but I guess no one ever replied?  Some help please,

Hi!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon product you're using along with the full text of your error message. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Details on my printer problem:

Printer is Canon MP560, using MacBook Air with Mojave OS 10.14.6

error message:  ERROR: "Filter Failed: message: Printing with Mac 10.10x

Only changes I can recall are routine security update of Mojave by Apple (Mac) and deletion of malware Search Mine.

My other printer, Canon MG7500 continues to work fine. Both are on wireless hookup with my Mac.

Cannot find any dirvers to load on Canon site but perhaps there is a generic one that could help.  I am not very computer skilled so this is a frustrating challenge for me.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks. 

Hi gtaft.

The MP560 is only supported on Mac OS up to version OS 10.11.  Any use past that we are unable to help troubleshoot or provide drivers.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

So, I am still stuck with a Canon boat anchor...non supported mp560.  This is my fifth Canon printer and probably my last.  I hate to junk a good printer that worked fine until overcome by lack of updated software.  Isn't there someone that brews up software to help out in this type situation?

Announcements