cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not get my Canon 5D MKIII to print in Black and White using the Canon Selphy Cp900

Poses
Apprentice

I have an event tomorrow night, I would like to capture images in color for later use but print onsite using Canon Selphy CP900. the Directions for the Selphy all setting must be done in camera. The 5D Mkiii Manual page 300 shows you can make this adjustment in the Printing effects but I can not get the camera to select more options then On Default and Off.....any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Skirball
Authority

You’re really going to take photos straight out of camera on a 5d3 and print them with a blindly applied B&W conversion from the printer?  I would highly discourage that, but if that’s what you want to do I’m sure it’s possible.  Sorry, I have no experience with that printer so I can’t help.

Do you have a laptop?  My recommendation would be to use a photo processing software like Lightroom (if you don’t have it LR5 is ridiculously cheap right now), play around before the event to get a B&W conversion that you like – even the preset ones are going to be better than whatever conversion the printer does -  and then print from LR.  It’d hardly take any extra time, and you could get a brief review of the conversions on a laptop screen before printing. 

I do not have a lap top…..I wish I did for times like this and I’m not conferrable lugging my 27” IMac and Epson R1900 to a night club to print off 4x6’s for them to take home at the end of the event. I want to capture in color and drive them to my web site to look and maybe purchase more prints. The event is a party to celebrate the end of Probation back in 1933 Repeal act so I wanted to have them printed in black and white.  

Announcements