cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting an error b200 on my pixma mp620 printer. What should I do to fix this?

glwun
Apprentice

Is there a fix for a canon pixma 620 that is giving me an error message 620. I reset the printer -- unplugged for 10+ minutes.  That didn't work.  Then took the print head out and cleaned and dried it.  Replaced it .....that didn't work.  Is there a home fix for this.  If not I will be in the market for a good all in one printer...scanner etc.  Any suggestions.  Thanks glwun

26 REPLIES 26

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello glwun.

Please try the following to see if we can resolve your issue:

1.  Open the cover of the printer.

2.  Remove all ink tanks from the printer.

3.  Lift up the gray locking lever on the side of the ink tank holder.

4.  Gently remove the print head from the carriage unit.

5.  Place the print head back in and lock the lever down.

6.  Place all of the ink tanks back in the printer.

7.  Close the cover and turn the printer off.

8.  Unplug the power from the printer.  Leave the power unplugged for about 5-10 minutes.

9.  Plug the power back in and turn the printer on. 

Unfortunately, if the error persists, please contact a technical support representative using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi there, 

Unfortunately, I'm still struggling with the same error code after trying the steps recommended. 

Is there no easy way out of this one? There's plenty of youtube videos where people smash their printers in response to this error, so I'm not too optimistic. 

If the above solution didn't solve your B200 error, we'd recommend you contact us for further troubleshooting by clicking this LINK

Thank you!!

I followed the recommended steps and still get the B200 error code.

Hi jpechacek!

If you're still running into the B200 error code, we recommend contacting our technical support agents.  They'll be able to provide additional troubleshooting or service options, if needed.  You can contact Canon Support through the link in Stephen's post, or find more help at Contact Us.

Hope this helps!

Some solution have been given here. Perhaps they worth a try

Canon Error B200

I have tried everything that you suggest. is there anything else I can do to get rid of the B200 error

Any suggestions gratefully received.

thanks.

sally2

You might try tips and solutions given in this article and comments:

Canon Error B200

from jim5751. I followed the steps listed to solve error b200. When I had the print head out, I noticed it had black ink on the bottom of the print head so I wiped it off with a tissue and re-installed it into the printer. I reloaded the tanks turned off the printer etc. when I turned it back on I now have an error message that says

" UO52 "this type of print head is incorrect. Install the correct print head."

is it possible that that I changed the electrical ID for the print by wiping it off with a tissue. Is there any thing I can do to reverse this problem
Announcements