11-26-2012 11:01 AM
Is there a fix for a canon pixma 620 that is giving me an error message 620. I reset the printer -- unplugged for 10+ minutes. That didn't work. Then took the print head out and cleaned and dried it. Replaced it .....that didn't work. Is there a home fix for this. If not I will be in the market for a good all in one printer...scanner etc. Any suggestions. Thanks glwun
11-28-2012 12:58 PM
Please try the following to see if we can resolve your issue:
1. Open the cover of the printer.
2. Remove all ink tanks from the printer.
3. Lift up the gray locking lever on the side of the ink tank holder.
4. Gently remove the print head from the carriage unit.
5. Place the print head back in and lock the lever down.
6. Place all of the ink tanks back in the printer.
7. Close the cover and turn the printer off.
8. Unplug the power from the printer. Leave the power unplugged for about 5-10 minutes.
9. Plug the power back in and turn the printer on.
Unfortunately, if the error persists, please contact a technical support representative using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.
This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.
01-20-2013 10:12 PM
Unfortunately, I'm still struggling with the same error code after trying the steps recommended.
Is there no easy way out of this one? There's plenty of youtube videos where people smash their printers in response to this error, so I'm not too optimistic.
01-24-2013 02:39 PM
02-26-2013 09:41 PM
If you're still running into the B200 error code, we recommend contacting our technical support agents. They'll be able to provide additional troubleshooting or service options, if needed. You can contact Canon Support through the link in Stephen's post, or find more help at Contact Us.
Hope this helps!
05-28-2013 06:01 PM
If you're still running into the B200 error code, you'll want to our technical support agents. If you've tried all the suggestions in this thread and our other B200 error discussions, service may be required. You can contact Canon Support through the link in Stephen's post, or find more help at Contact Us.