cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge malfunction

pridgenkad
Apprentice

Hi.  We've had the same Canon Mg5300 for almost a year now.  Recently, for some reason, when I request that something print, I get an error message.  Then, sometime in the next 24 hours or so, it prints DOZENS of copies of the item.  I am not clicking print multiple times--I'm smart enough to know not to do that.  There is no reason it should print UNTIL IT RUNS OUT OF PAPER if I have only made one print request.  What is happening?

(The printer is being used wirelessly and is NOT connected to the computer.)

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer, and what the error message said. That, and any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue! Thanks and have a great day!

It's being run on Windows 8.  I'm not sure what the error message says exactly, but it's fairly generic, just "A printer error occurred" or something like that.

MarkII
Rising Star

Hi pridgekad,

It sounds like you were running the printer on a different operating system and then upgraded to Windows 8?  This might be part of the issue.  To ensure that the appropriate drivers are installed for your Windows 8 system, I recommend removing the printer completely from your computer and starting the installation again using the drivers from our website.

The drivers for Windows 8 can be found here.  

If you still encounter this issue after updating the drivers, please feel free to Contact Us!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements