cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I reset the admin password on the Canon Pixma MP495?

ssrajesh
Apprentice

How do I reset the admin password on the Canon Pixma MP495? The admin password seems to have been entered by mistake but now i am unable to setup the printer to connect to my new wifi network as i am unable to give the admin password. How do i reset to not have an admin password for the printer?

4 REPLIES 4

Jason
Whiz

Hi ssrajesh!

The official Canon software does not require a username or password, unless your computer's security is set to require administrator access.  However, so that the community can offer the best answer, we'll need to know your computer's Operating System (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x), as well as where exactly during the setup this message appears.  This will help us narrow down which password it is looking for!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team during normal business hours.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thorse
Apprentice

I have a different model and I too have locked myself out. 

Correct me if im wrong but I think what he is trying to say is that He has forgotten the admin password for the WEB SERVICES page accessed through a browser. This has nothing to do with windows login authentication. 

I normally access this page through the browser by typing in the printers IP address. It will display a Network Configuration page and you would see something regarding Printer Name: Firmware Version: Lan Connection Type:

When trying to access the Advanced section by pressing the ADVANCED button near the bottom of the page it will ask you for a USER NAME AND PASSWORD. in this case i have been trying to log in using the admin username and password.

Apparently I have also forgotton the password.

Please assist in how to have this reset to the Default

Just a quick note: my canon model is MX452

helohello
Apprentice

same problem with the pixma MG3250

Announcements