cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I let PS Elements 13 control the color, printing with Pixma IP8720?

Gary555
Apprentice

Printing with Pixma IP8720 out of PS Elements 13, if I want to let PSE 13 control the color, a PSE dialogue box tells me that I need to disable the printer color management in the Printer Dialogue. But I cannot find anywhere in any dialogue box that comes up when printing where it gives me the choice to turn off the printer color management. Has anyone else tried to do this same thing and, if so, could you tell me where that check box might be?

Actually, what I want to do is try printing with the printer managing colors and also with PSE 13 doing it and see if there is any difference. But it seems that all I can find to do is let the 8720 control them. 

Mac OS 10.11, PSE 13 for Mac, Canon Pixma 8720

3 REPLIES 3

BH052413
Enthusiast

That depends on the OS. What OS are you using (and the version)?

Sorry. Left that out. Just added it to my original question. Mac OS 10.11.

Flyingduchess
Contributor

I have a Pixma ix6820, and the same exact problem. NO dialog I can find anywhere gives me the option to disable color management -- I can SEE the setting for Canon IJ whatever color, but not change it -- and meanwhile my prints really suck.

I'm incredibly frustrated. I don't want to return my brand new printer but I will have to if I can't get it to give me correct colors.

Oh, I am running Mac OS  10.9.5.

Announcements