Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Acharn

How can I install printer without CD?

I hope this is the right forum. I just bought a PIXMA MG3570, which I will be using occasionally as a personal printer. The trouble is I'm currently forced to use an old HP dc7100 computer which does not have a CD-ROM drive installed. I have a few alternatives. I can wait to see if my new computer gets fixed (it currently suffers from a weird, intermittent, random graphics glitch). I have a working CD/DVD-ROM drive in an old computer which burned out its main board.; I could take that out and try to install it in the HP, but the HP has a Small Form Factor cast and I'm nervous about making modifications. I guess I could buy another computer, but that seems kind of extreme, since another new compuuter would cost at least five times as much as the printer and I don't have that kind of money lying around.

I found the Canon download page for the drivers, but there are thirty or forty files listed and I can't tell which ones I need. Can anyone tell me where I can find instructions?

Please use plain text.