Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Hi FolksI am contemplating the purchase of a MX925

Hi foilks I am contemplating the purchase of a MX925 as a replacement for my IP4600 My concern is for the photo printing useing heavy duty paper i.e 270grm glossy paper . Cannon states the machine is good for upto 300grm paper .Now I am sure it will BUT will it, long term. I feel that the system of paper feed which folds the paper back must put quite a strain on the mechanism ?

I would appreciate any thoughts on this or even better anyone with experience of useing a Cannon all in one with heavy paper

regards to all 

Mike 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Hi FolksI am contemplating the purchase of a MX925

I would reccomend you NOT to go down the MX925 route. Possibly the slowest and certainly one of the NOISIEST printers on the planet. I am unfortunately a long suffering owner of one of these. As I am in my late 60s I sometimes wonder if I will live to see a simple 12 line word document appear from this painfully slow machine. It clatters and clangs for at least 3 minutes prior to actually starting a simple document. It seems to do more "house keeping" which I assume is its tiny memory  trying to sort out what to do.

Also rarely works in the mode I purchased it for, I.E. Wireless operation.This is the biggest joke with this contraption, as if I leave it off for 2-3 days it takes a while to get it set-up again, so have now resorted to a 4 Metre USB cable as a direct connection to my router also fails to operate the confounded machine.

Originally purchased to complement a high end digital camera but a medium resolution A4 print takes about 10 minutes to print in colour.  Do yourself a favour and research well before buying a new machine! There can only be better out there if you look long enough.