cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP NEEDED - Borderless printing on A4

vermicelli
Apprentice

Hello, I'm wondering if someone can help me out and give me some proper advice. Forgive me if I've gone totally the wrong way about this.

I'm trying to print four A6 size postcards on one A4. I've designed the postcards in photoshop sized (width) 105mm and (height) 148mm at 300dpi.

I then save the file to a PDF then open it up in preview on Mac. I set the paper size to A4 borderless (210 x 297) then select 4 copies per page.

Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 20.38.40.png

(As shown here)

However, when printing a test run, it is cut away (cropped) from the top and the bottom of the page.

Unknown-2-min.jpeg

(There should be a line at both the top and the bottom of the page as seen in the preview mode above before printing)

Logically thinking, I want to save on paper by printing four A6 designs on one A4 and guillotining the design to make four equal A6 postcards with no paper waste and ideally no margins.

If anyone could help I'd massively appreciate it. Maybe there's an easier way to do this? I'm a total novice.

Thank you for your time.

Note - I'm using a Canon Pixma ix6850

1 REPLY 1

BillS
Mentor

Hi vermicelli,

A certain amount of cropping is necessary when printing borderless, as the image will extend slightly beyond the paper,  You can, however adjust the amount of the extension.  I have included full information HERE.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements