cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting U052 (type of printhead incorrect) on my Pixma MP610 printer).

Islander
Apprentice

I'm getting a U052 error message on my Pixma MP610 printer.  It reads "The type of printhead is incorrect. Install the correct printhead."  I replaced an ink cartridge that was running low, but still get that message.  I've had the printer for some time and never got that kind of message before.

55 REPLIES 55

Ramona
Authority

Hi Islander,

To try and resolve the U052 error, please remove and then reseat all of the ink tanks and print head in the unit.  Next, please turn off the printer, unplug the power cord from the back and leave it out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on. 

If the U052 error persists after following the steps above, the printer will require servicing.  Please click on the Contact Us link below to obtain your servicing options if needed.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us .

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

hi

I remember having simillar problem before and i've heared this comes from cold, which is just possible for me.

i  remember pressing and holding few buttons (not those to enter service mode) and then it worked fine again.

Can you please remind me which those buttons were.

Does not work.

I don't see an "Accept as Solution" button, but wanted to say that this worked for me.

Dear Canon Expert,

I'm having the UO52 error.  Have re-set all cartridges (they are brand name and full) and re-set the printer head - to no avail. Is there a chance the issue is with driver?  Can I run a nozzle test?  Once the error pops up I cannot get to a Home menu.  What's the most up-to-date suggestions here?  

Many thanks,

Elihu

Hi Elihu,

In addition to the steps you have tried, please turn off the printer, unplug the power cord from the back and leave it out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on.  If the error persists, the printer will require servicing; please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I gave up on mine. Couldnt find a solution. Trashed it and bought a new printer. Now what to do with15 or so ink cartridges. I had high expectations.

I have a Canon Pixma 610. Ser. No: AAXG37782. I  am having the same problem as all of the other posters on this issue         ( Wont print Black ). when I contacted Canon Support I was told that  " There Is No Such Error Code as Wrong Print Head Fitted". I have read all of the posts on here but alas NONE of them work. I cannot even by-pass the problem. To make matters worse, I have just taken delivery of a New Stock of Ink Cartridges,  !!!!!!!!!!!!.

simonf
Apprentice

Hi, I had the same error that started after changing an ink cartridge. The new cartridge was from a different supplier than I normally use.

I found that by installing cartridges from my original supplier, then restarting the printer, the error went away. Didn't have to do any of the cleaning print heads, etc.

Announcements