cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message uo43

bruceva
Apprentice

My Canon MP830 has been working fine. All of a sudden, it is displaying the error message UO43. I only use Canon ink cartridges. I've rebooted the printer, removed & re-installed all the cartridges more than once. I still get the same message w/o any cartridges in the printer. What's next?  Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Julius
Rising Star

Hello bruceva ,

I recommend trying to reseat the print head to resolve the issue.  Use the following steps to reseat the print head:

1. Confirm that the printer is powered on and press the <Open> button. (The paper output tray will open.)

*MP800R shown

2. Lift the scanning unit (printer cover) completely. (The print head will move to the replacement position.)

Note: When the scanning unit (printer cover) is opened more than ten minutes, the print head moves to the right side. If this occurs, close the scanning unit (printer cover), and open it again.

3. Open the inner cover.

4. Remove the ink tanks by pressing the tab of each tank.

Caution: Handle the ink tanks with care so that your clothes and surrounding area do not get soiled. Make sure to remove the ink tanks one by one.

5. Raise the print head lock lever.

6. Tilt the print head slightly towards the front of the machine and lift out gently.

Caution: Do not touch the print head nozzles <1> , electrical contacts <2>, or ink supply ports <3>. Doing so may cause printing problems.

7. Place the print head in the print head holder and lower the print head lock lever carefully until you hear a click.

8. Insert ink tanks into the print head.

9. Press the mark <PUSH> on the ink tank firmly until you hear a click.

10.   Ensure that all the ink tanks are installed properly and the ink tank lamps light red.

<7> The ink tanks are installed properly.
    <8> The ink tanks are not installed properly.

11.   Close the inner cover and the scanning unit (printer cover).

If the issue persists, I recommend using the Contact Us link to contact our support staff who can provide applicable service options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

hello sir i am sahil actually when i am refilling my ink all is coming out. i have clean inside the printer where the ink tank is tuated with a tissue but its light is on but it is telling me there is error uo43 what can i do

lpitsti
Apprentice

I'm having the same problem with a Pixma 892. We were in the middle of printing something last night and the computer turned off. We unplugged it and turned it back on and now have the error message UO43. I followed the procedures listed below to reseat the print head but still get the same message. Tried that twice. Please advise. Thanks.

Hi Ipitsti,

If reseating the ink tanks and print head, as well as resetting the printer did not resolve the error, the printer will require servicing.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Helpful_dude
Apprentice

I had this error code when I installed a new genuine cartridge.

I noticed that the red light didn't come on on the cartridge that the printer did not recognize.

After some faffing, I realised that the light came on only sometimes. it was erratic.

Using compressed air with a straw, I angled the straw and blew air along the contacts. I did it a bit blindly, but I knew roughly where I was aiming. I then used some brake cleaner on a tissue (any cleaning solvent will do, alcohol, contact cleaner, nail varnish remover) and gently rubbed the contacts on the cartridge.

After I re-installed it, I noticed the light went on/off more reliably....in my case it was just a dirty contact.

Hope this helps someone...I literally only registered to let peeps know.

Announcements