Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code B200

grampatex
Apprentice

Suddenly error code B200 no explanation in manual have canon pixma mx850

103 REPLIES 103

Hi, Bkowalczyk!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the printer model you are using.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bitly.com/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

[Non-English text removed]

I have a problem with my Canon Pixma 5350 printer and scanner (All in One). The inner lid was opened to change the cartridge while the machine had no power. This meant that the lever supporting the lid while open was then stuck. I have pushed the lever down to its housing but it will not allow the lid to shut fully. It can be a simple mechanical problem caused by me.

Good evening. I have a problem with my Canon Pixma 5350 printer and scanner (All in One). The inner lid was opened to change the cartridge while the machine had no power. This meant that the lever supporting the lid while open was then stuck. I have pushed the lever down to its housing but it will not allow the lid to shut fully. It can be a simple mechanical problem caused by me.

@Michael wrote:

Hello grampatex.

Please try the following to see if we can resolve your issue:

1.  Open the cover of the printer.

2.  Remove all ink tanks from the printer.

3.  Lift up the gray locking lever on the side of the ink tank holder.

4.  Gently remove the print head from the carriage unit.

5.  Place the print head back in and lock the lever down.

6.  Place all of the ink tanks back in the printer.

7.  Close the cover and turn the printer off.

8.  Unplug the power from the printer.  Leave the power unplugged for about 5-10 minutes.

If the error continues to persist, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Good evening. I have a problem with my Canon Pixma 5350 printer and scanner (All in One). The inner lid was opened to change the cartridge while the machine had no power. This meant that the lever supporting the lid while open was then stuck. I have pushed the lever down to its housing but it will not allow the lid to shut fully. It can be a simple mechanical problem caused by me.

Rick_Ridgeway
Apprentice

The message to repair my MX850 with a B200 error code was to first remove and replace the ink tanks.  When I open the top the module that holds the ink tanks remains on the far right of its track where the tanks cannot be accessed.  Normally when I lift the lid to replace a tank, this module moves to the center where it can be accessed, but it is not doing this.  Suggestions?

Hello Rick_Ridgeway.

1.  Turn the printer off.

2.  Unplug the power from the printer for at least 5-10 minutes.

3.  While unplugged, remove any paper from the unit.

4.  Double check for any obstructions found in the unit or paper paths.

5.  If no obstructions are found, plug the power back in and turn the unit on.

If the B200 error persists or the tanks cannot be accessed , please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance with this matter.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Having the same error as Rick, but our Canon is an MX712. Tried the suggested fix in this post but still have the same error. Please help.

Just to clarify, here is what we did to attempt resolution:

Re: Error Code B200

Hello Rick_Ridgeway.

1.  Turn the printer off.

2.  Unplug the power from the printer for at least 5-10 minutes.

3.  While unplugged, remove any paper from the unit.

4.  Double check for any obstructions found in the unit or paper paths.

5.  If no obstructions are found, plug the power back in and turn the unit on.

If the B200 error persists or the tanks cannot be accessed , please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance with this matter.

None of this has worked for any of us. I am frustrated and at the end of my rope with this. Can you please update with a better answer?!

I am having exactly the same problem as Rick. Tried turning the printer off and unplugging for ten minutes. When I plugged it back in and turned it back on, the error code immediately returned. Now What?

dont know how i figured it out, but I did...

start with the printer off

similtanously pressed the ON button and the Home button...several times...I did it like 10 times...the printer starts to go a little haywire but then comes back to life!!!! Yeah!!!!!!

Announcements