cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant beeping, no particular error

NewYouPT
Apprentice

Hi everyone

First post on here, I hope everyone is having a good day.

I have a Canon Pixma MX450 and it's suddenly taken to beeping constantly like an attention seeking child when not in use. It's currently sat doing it's thing in the lounge while I work in the kitchen because the constant noise would likely drive me to do some damage to it.

Has anyone else experienced this please and does anyone have any ideas why it's happening and how to stop it.

Any suggestions would be greatky welcomed and you'd be saving the life of a printer that is getting closer and closer to taking flying lessons out of my window.

Cheers guys

Paul

Sheffield, UK

1 REPLY 1

Stephen

Hi Paul!

Thanks for reaching out to Canon USA!

In the UK, your printer most likely a PIXMA MX455, which is part of the MX450 series. You can verify this on the front, bottom-right of the unit. 

Looking at the printer, you might also see an error displayed on its LCD panel on the top of the unit. If you don't, try unplugging the unit, leaving it unplugged for a good while (more than 10 minutes), and while it's unplugged, depress the power button. This will help to clear the internal buffer. 

Once that's done, plug your printer back in, power it on, and see if that resolves the issue. If it's still beeping, you'll want to contact the Canon UK helpdesk. They can be reached by heading to the bottom of THIS PAGE.

We hope this helps!

Announcements