cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colors on Pixma iP4000 are "washed out" despite installation of new Canon color cartridges - why

Bewildered_Bob
Contributor

3 new color cartridges were installed in my Pixma iP4000 but now all colors are "washed out". One of the new cartridges is "PHOTO magenta". Could that be the cause of the problem ?  If not, what must be done ? Thanx.

Bewildered Bob

5 REPLIES 5

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The "Photo" ink tanks are only meant for certain printers and are not compatible with your iP4000.  Although you may not notice a difference with document printouts, using these types of inks will cause dramatic shift in the color output when photos are printed.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The PHOTO magenta cart was replaced with "plain vanilla" magenta but now all prints have a reddish tint. What do you recommend ?

The print head is only one year old and has been lightly used since replaced.

Bewildered Bob

Hello.

Try performing 1-2 deep cleanings in the Maintenance section of the printer driver to see if this helps. 

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello again: i followed your recommendation but there is no change to the prints.

After "Googling" the printer it appears that many users are having serious problems with the print-head (mine has already been replaced with a new one less than one yr ago).  Apparently there may be a design flaw in the print-head so i am willing to work with Canon product design engineers to determine the cause of the bug. If Canon will provide me with a new print-head and additional ink, i will supply the photo papers needed to test and also return the faulty print-head  to Canon for analysis. Plz advise. Thanx.

Bewildered Bob

Hi again Michael: plz advise status of my prior offer to work with your engineers to determine cause of apparent print-head problem. Thanx.

(see my post on 12/25)

Bob
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements