cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon iP7200 Won't Print on DVD

bradywurtz
Apprentice

I installed the driver for my Canon iP7200 printer, and i've been able to print on regular paper just fine, but when i use the My Image Garden program to print on a printable DVD, i get this message... 

"Cannot print because a printer supported by this software is not installed"

What do I need to do?

I'm on a Macbook Pro OSX 10.8.4

4 REPLIES 4

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi bradjwurtz,

If you are able to print from other applications fine,  please try repairing the Disk Permissions on the computer:

1.  Click the Macintosh HD.

2.  Click the Applications folder.

3.  Click the Utilities folder.

4.  Double click the Disk Utility to open it.

5.  Highlight the Macintosh HD and click Repair Permissions at the bottom.

6.  Reboot the comptuer, then try printing from My Image Garden again.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@Karl1 wrote:

Hi bradjwurtz,

If you are able to print from other applications fine,  please try repairing the Disk Permissions on the computer:

1.  Click the Macintosh HD.

2.  Click the Applications folder.

3.  Click the Utilities folder.

4.  Double click the Disk Utility to open it.

5.  Highlight the Macintosh HD and click Repair Permissions at the bottom.

6.  Reboot the comptuer, then try printing from My Image Garden again.

I don't want to sound harsh but this is a total waste of time. Repairing permissions is not going to help here. Better driver that are better integrated with the OS is what is missing. It's a shame that Mac OS X is again taking second seat to Windows.

fatemeh
Apprentice

hello sir/madam

I have many problem with printer canon Ip7240 /7200 . When I installation CD. I don't know how I can use it for print on CD /packet or ....

My windows PC is win7. Please help me. '

thanks

father

I suspect the OP & others have now either solved their problem or thrown the printer away. However, this thread does seem to come up on Google, so I thought I'd just add my ha'pence worth...

When installing on OSX using the supplied CD, there was indeed no option for printing onto optical media. However, once I downloaded 2.1 of the driver software, it DID then come up under other media.

Announcements