cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon i850 printer. Yellow trouble constantly on; does not blink. Machine will not turn off .

tyl604
Contributor

Canon i850.  Yellow light on and not flashing.  Printer will not turn off.  Before this I had seven yellow blinks (bad printer head) but now just solid yellow.  Carriage will not move; stays hidden on the right.

Should I chance paying $50 for a new print head and hope that is the problem?

8 REPLIES 8

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi tyl604,

Resetting your i850 may resolve this issue.  Please follow these steps for isolating and resetting your i850:

1.  Open your i850's front cover, and then open and close the print head lock lever (do not remove the print head).

2.  Make sure all ink tanks are seated properly.

3.  Make sure all packing materials have been removed.

4.  Make sure no paper is jammed in your i850.

5.  Disconnect the printer cable from your i850.

6.  Close the front cover and turn your i850 off.

7.  Unplug your i850 from the power source, and then plug it back in after 10 minutes.

8.  Turn your i850 on.

9.  Attempt to print a Nozzle Check pattern by holding down the RESUME button on your i860 until the Power light flashes twice.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/contactus

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you but none of this worked.  The only way to turn the machine off is to unplug.   When I plug it back in, the yellow light comes on immediately and does not blink.  The carriage does not move.  When I try to perform an operation like nozzle check, I get a message that I am offline.

Not sure how to get it online.

Not sure what to do.

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I talked to Canon.  They really did not know what to do.  Said it might be a hardware problem.  Transferred me to the loyalty program and offered to sell me another printer.

So far I am still seeking a  solution.

Ordered a new print head.  Should be here between Oct 15-30.  Will report back.  Anyone know why the on/off button will not work?  Could this be resolved by a new print head?  Carriage no longer moves either. 

Well, I received and installed the new print head.  Made no difference.  Nothing changed. 

Anyone have an idea of what to do?

Hi tyl604,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Yes, I talked with Canon.  They were not helpful at all.  Said they no longer make parts for this printer.  Told me to contact a repair shop.  I called the repair shop recommended by Canon and they said they would actually have to get parts from Canon and if Canon no longer makes parts then they cannot repair.

So I am stymied.

Announcements