cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Selphy CP900 compatability with Windows 8 onwards (I am Windows 10 as at 27/Sep/2017)

jonsonphotograp
Apprentice

I am a proffessional photographer and recently bouight a CP900 Selphy. I am not doubting the quality of the prints but I am having AWFUL trouble printing from my HP laptop directly to the printer. I used a temp fix whereby I "fooled" the driver to think the laptop was Windows 7 and that worked fine for a few months but since a major upgrade to Win10 it will not work AT ALL.

Canon, can you PLEASE answer the many questions about supplying drivers that are up to date for Win8 onwards (I am Win10). I don't get what the problem is? You have sold a large number of Selphy printers but not updated their drivers. Why not? 90% of laptops sold now are Win10 and unless you're trying to kill off the Selphy then please udate the drivers. I mean, it is not as though you cannot buy a Selphy brand new....you can...so shy are you fleecing your customers?

Unless drivers and compatibility issues for Win8 onwards (Win 10 especially) are solved I will look into the legal issues surrounding selling a product that is not able to do its job as described...here in Ireland we have the "Sale Of Goods Act " that covers precisely that.

You are being asked very politely to solve this issue so please do it ASAP and no excuses. I own a fair bit of Canon equipment in my studio from cameras and lenses to software to printers and I thought I'd try the Selphy to do keyrings for fun so please don;t make me regret it.

Thanks

P

1 REPLY 1

FZomers
Apprentice

Exactly same problem I have. 

I had another idea of a company like Canon

Announcements