cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Selphy CP400

goldlizsts
Apprentice

I have used little the printer, tho it's quite old.  I called up Canon tech support when I had to re-install because of PC change.  But, it failed to install.  Under WIndows 7 Pro, the Canon rep told me the Selphy is tooooo old, that's why.  I just want someone to advise IF in fact the CP400 is now useless.  Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

erc302jns
Apprentice

know response ha....

have you find anything that will allow you to use your printer

Of course not yet. This place is where I hoped to find a solution to salvage it. On my Windows 7 Pro PC I have now, I have a couple of software programs that are much older than the Selphy 400, and they still are good. The CP400 I thought isn't THAT old. Somehow, we (even with Canon's tech on line) couldn't install the driver, etc. There's nothing I could also find via the Internet to download either. So, likely, if I don't get any solution in this forum, it's going to be dumped. I spent $$ on it, with still several packs of paper and couple of toner.... I didn't want to buy the CP910, as I've decided I only print like **bleep** photos with it, it's now not worth it. Costco's 4x6 prints are much economical than via the Selphy.

and to think I was alone... My printer is just setting here in the way the more I look at it the madder I get and it's been used enough where I cannot take it back nor can I get it to work, I hate to get rid of something that is fairly new but I have exhausted all my resources tell me if you figure something out   Please...

Hello!

The SELPHY CP400 came out back in 2005, and ended its service life in 2012. This means that no further development on drivers will be made on this unit. 

If you cannot use your SELPHY with your current computer, or if it has malfunctioned, you'll want to contact our US-based support at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) to discuss your options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to reach support in your area. 

For anyone's information - I did call Canon USA tech support.  The person on the phone tried to help several ways to see if my CP400 can be salvaged, but....  I had installed the software, but somehow it wasn't recognized.  She tried to help me fix it, but we failed.  I tried to install the driver from the user CD, but failed.... So, she told me THAT'S IT!  The CP400 worked under my Windows 7 still about a year ago.  But, I had a PC change, so the Windows 7 was updated, etc.  So, may be that's how the CP400 became useless.  May be I should go BACKWARDS to an older Windows 7 machine, and the CP400 will still be workable, by installing on an older PC.

erc302jns
Apprentice
I will call thank you
Announcements