cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Selphy CP1200 not listed under Windows 10

oudoulj
Apprentice

Hello,

I have just bought a Canon Selphy CP1200 and I am running Windows 10 64 bit (family edition)

The printer is successfully connected to my wifi.

In the Control Panel of Windows 10, if I launch the wizard of "Add a printer", the printer is found and then added to my printers.

The problem occurs when I try to print : I right click a photo (jpg) in the Windows Explorer, choose Print but my Selphy is not listed there Smiley Indifferent

Same with any application like Adobe Photoshop which does list the Selphy...

I dowloaded the driver for Windows 10 off the Canon support site (cp1200-110-10l.zip) dated 07/25/2016 (therefore recent) thinking the driver automatically found and installed by Windows was not enough/valid (indeed it is dated back to 2006)

If I launch cp1200-110-10l.exe, after a few steps, I choose wireless but then no printer is shown under the "Automatic detection of the network printers" step so I cannot complete the installation.

So I'm stuck with the driver provided by Canon that won't complete, a seemingly obsolete driver installed by Windows and no sign of the Selphy under the Print option of any application.

I had the CP900 working fine before under Windows 10 (which might have been updated since then, not sure)

Can anyone please advise how to finalize the driver installation of the CP1200 under Windows 10 ?

Thank you.

Jerome

4 REPLIES 4

oudoulj
Apprentice

I am replying to myself because I found the solution (with a hint from the French tech support of Canon)

You need to disable your anti-virus (Windows Defender) and your Windows Firewall (or all other anti-virus and firewalls if you use other ones)

After that, relaunch cp1200-110-10l.exe : it should detect the Selphy printer this time Smiley Happy

oudoulj, that solution worked for me! Thanks!!

I have tried all of this and still can't get my computer to recognize the printer so I can't do squat with it. VERY frustrated.

Hello!

If you've downloaded the most current software and drivers from our site HERE, and you're still having problems, we suggest reaching out to support. In the US, we're at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) weekdays from 10am to 10pm (ET).

If you're outside of the US, you'll need to reach out to support in your country/region for help. You'll find contact information HERE.

Announcements