cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX340 and Scanning to file/image

possiexx
Apprentice

I have an MX340 MFP which is quite a few years old now but prints and copies perfectly.  However the Scanning quality is poor - even on a higher resolution.  I am not expecting a fix (given the age of the printer), but I would like to understand why the copying is still good quality but the Scan to file isn't ie which part has worn out!  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi possiexx,

You can set the printer to perform a calibration of the scanner at every scan to see if this will improve the image quality.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Open MP Navigator.

2. Click SCAN/IMPORT, then select the PHOTOS/DOCUMENTS (PLATEN) option.

3. Select the USE THE SCANNER DRIVER checkbox in the window that appears, then click OPEN SCANNER DRIVER.

4. Click ADVANCED MODE.

5. Select PLATEN for Select Source.

6. Click on the PREFERENCES button.

7. Change Execute Calibration at each scan to ON.

8. Click PREVIEW. If any adjustments need to be made, they can be made now.

9. Click SCAN to calibrate the scanner and scan the image.

Should you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance.  A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi possiexx,

You can set the printer to perform a calibration of the scanner at every scan to see if this will improve the image quality.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Open MP Navigator.

2. Click SCAN/IMPORT, then select the PHOTOS/DOCUMENTS (PLATEN) option.

3. Select the USE THE SCANNER DRIVER checkbox in the window that appears, then click OPEN SCANNER DRIVER.

4. Click ADVANCED MODE.

5. Select PLATEN for Select Source.

6. Click on the PREFERENCES button.

7. Change Execute Calibration at each scan to ON.

8. Click PREVIEW. If any adjustments need to be made, they can be made now.

9. Click SCAN to calibrate the scanner and scan the image.

Should you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance.  A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Ramona.  I followed your instructions, didn't change any settings after the Preview and it still gave me a much better scan on the same document as I used yesterday with a reasonable file size, so I don't know how this works, but for important documents I will use this in future if the standard process gives me a poor scan.  The slowness of the scan is the only downside I can see!

Announcements