cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG5250 printing wrong colours

cuddlz88
Apprentice

I am trying to print my wedding invitations from Microsoft Word on my sister's canon MG5250. Part of my invitations are in aqua text however i cannot get her printer to print aqua. I have tested several different shades which on the screen look aqua but none of them come out aqua they either print Blue or Green nothing inbetween.

I have  a canon MP210 which is able to print the colour i need when i set the RGB to R:102 G:255 B:255. I understand the MG5250 is different as it uses individual ink cartridges with CMYK. I can't do the printing on my own computer as it feeds the paper off center constantly and i have pre cut cardstock so i can't trim it.  Her printer is good in that it prints evenly and on center but i just cant get it to print the colour i need!

Is there anyway i can get it to print aqua at all??? (similar to this colour but not as bright!) HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Sad

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hi cuddlz88! It looks like the PIXMA MG5250 is a non-US model, so our Subject Matter Experts won't have any information on that model. The Community might be able to help, but we do want to make sure that you're aware the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for the US market. If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs. We encourage you to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

I bought my MG5220 in the US and I have been having the same problem.  Instead of aqua or teal, it only prints blue (no hint of blue-green at all).  I have already tried cleaning, replacing cartridges, etc multiple times.  How do I fix this??

Hello.

The issue may be related to the program that is being used.  Try using a different program to see if the colors print better.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements