cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon LBP-6200d

dkgooner
Apprentice

I'm just leaving this here in the hope that someone from Canon notices, because they clearly don't want people complaining directly.

I just bought the above printer in Denmark and it came without a USB cable to connect to my computer. How cheapskate can you get? Do they assume everyone already has such a cable? My old laser printer has a parallel cable connection. When I bought my PIXMA inkjet, there was a cable included, so I assumed this one would have one too.

It really beggars belief that they sell printers without ALL the necessary cables.

Rant over.

Dave

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

Hi Dave!

Welcome to The Canon Forums!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

For your specific post, we'd highly recommend contacting Canon in your area to determine whether a cable should have been included in the box, and if not, where you might purchase one. Standard USB cables are very inexpensive here in the USA, so they might be just as inexpensive in your country!

Thanks Stephen, but I'm not aware of a forum in Denmark, and the main website has no email contact.

The Danish support team has been very quick to let me know exactly what kind of USB cable I need, which is much appreciated. They made no comment however about the lack of a cable and what bad business is it not to include one. Why get your customer irritated from the start? Beats me.

I agree that the cable is very cheap. Why is one not included then? (Rhetorical question for senior management)

Announcements