cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CNMSS Error

troubled
Apprentice

Windows 10 Pro on bootup gives me the cnmss error.  Uninstalled the MX922 printer but cannot get rid of the cnmss error.  What to do since I know this has something to do with the Cannon.  Did the regedit thing to no avail and looked in the startup for anything that had to do with this.  Didn't find a thing in startup as to cnmss.  What next???

4 REPLIES 4

Crista
Whiz

Hi troubled! 

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums!

The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If are you in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team. If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

James_C

Hi troubled,

Based on the specfic issue described, It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

So it is now 2021 and I see that this cnmss problem has been around since 2016, so why has canon not fixed it?

I have a brand new PIXMA printer and ever since it just randomly jams my computer so that the mouse and keyboard do not operate on startup. Then, if by some miracle you do get to manage to get passed the windows 10 log in page, the cnmss error message comes up again and jams the computer again. 

Personally this is such a major problem that it would seem the only way to stop it occurring is to take the computer back to Canon for a refund and not buy Canon again.If there was a fix, it should've been implemented by now so it seems quite apparent that it never will be.

So it is now 2021 and I see that this cnmss problem has been around since 2011, so why has canon not fixed it?

I have a brand new PIXMA printer and ever since it just randomly jams my computer so that the muse and keyboard do not operate on startup. Then, if by some miracle you do get to manage to get passed the windows 10 log in page, the cnmss error message comes up again and jams the computer again. 

Personally this is such a major problem that it would seem the only way to stop it occurring is to take the computer back to Canon for a refund and bout buy Canon again.If there was a fix, it should've been implemented by now so it seems quite apparent that it never will be.

Referring me onto a Canon Technical Support Representative has clearly not worked for others. It is time Canon fixed the problem.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements