cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue/cyan tints in black areas of b&w prints

brassman
Enthusiast

I removed the print head and thoroughly flushed all ink following the instructions most often suggested until the water ran clear. Used distilled water only and was careful not to get anything wet that isn't supposed to get wet. Completely let the head dry out and replaced into the printer per instructions and ran several nozzel checks and even a few cleanings. On the printout all of the colors look solid except for the black ink which still has a faint band of white or a lighter shade of black and faint white lines running horizontally from end to end . Could this still be clogged black jets and the reason I'm still getting blue or cyan tints within certain black/dark gray areas in my b&w prints? Not getting any banding on prints though.

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What model printer? Can you post an image of what the nozzle check looks like?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Canon PIXMA ip8720.
On the nozzel check printout the BK bar (4th from the bottom - the other 3 are marked GY) From the bottom GY up through the next 2 GY and to the BK, the gray shades get progressively darker. The band on bar BK is a lighter shade of gray with faint white lines running left to right from end to end. The bar is 7/16 high and the lighter band is 4/16 high. On closer inspection with a magnifier there are really fine white lines running L-R and the bar is divided into 8 equal sections L-R and each section is defined by a very fine verticle line. A screen shot of the nozzle check page would never be able to pick this up.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I called Canon Support and laid out all that I've said here. The rep said she didn't think my problem was the print head which I was considering replacing. She said my printer probably has to go in somewher for repair.

Here's my nozzel check result showing what I've described;Anybody recognize this pattern? Enlarge to see BK bar better.

nozzel check sheet enlarge.jpg 

It won't cost anything to try this.

Delete the printer driver and reinstall, downloading the latest one from the Canon website.

If you are on a Mac be sure to wait for the IJ version of the printer to appear when you click the "+". Don't install the Bonjour version.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements