Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Blank pages printing with a new printhead

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I am looking for help to recover a new printhead that was never used for a longtime.

Some time ago I broke a mechanical part of my canon IX6850 and I decided to buy a new one.
I reused the printhead of the broken printer, and I put the new one in a closed bag.

When the old printhead finally broke down, I replaced it with the new one, but I only got blank pages.  
I suppose the storage conditions were not ideal.
The printer is not giving any error code. It just prints blank pages.
I tried the cleaning options from the driver, including the deep-cleaning, but I got blank pages again.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Product Expert

Re: Blank pages printing with a new printhead

Hi pPerez,

When blank pages print, we recommend performing the cleanings and deep cleanings as you have done to try and get the ink to print.  Since you are still receiving blank pages from the printer, please remove and reseat all of the ink tanks and print head in the printer, ensuring that any tape that may be on the bottom of the ink tanks has been removed prior to reinstalling them.  Once the inks and print head have been reseated, please perform a manual print head alignment on the printer by following the steps shown here to see if this will help.  

Should you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

Thank you very much for your answer.

I will follow your suggestions and see what happens.

I would also like to know if someone that read this post faced this problem already and managed to overcome it.

I accept the answer.

Regards

New Contributor

In fact, I tested the printhead on another printer and it works perfectly.

So the problem is not the printhead.

Do you know what else can cause printing blank pages?. 

The printer is not giving any error code.