cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank pages printing with a new printhead

pPerez
Apprentice

Hello,

I am looking for help to recover a new printhead that was never used for a longtime.

Some time ago I broke a mechanical part of my canon IX6850 and I decided to buy a new one.
I reused the printhead of the broken printer, and I put the new one in a closed bag.

When the old printhead finally broke down, I replaced it with the new one, but I only got blank pages.  
I suppose the storage conditions were not ideal.
The printer is not giving any error code. It just prints blank pages.
I tried the cleaning options from the driver, including the deep-cleaning, but I got blank pages again.

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi pPerez,

When blank pages print, we recommend performing the cleanings and deep cleanings as you have done to try and get the ink to print.  Since you are still receiving blank pages from the printer, please remove and reseat all of the ink tanks and print head in the printer, ensuring that any tape that may be on the bottom of the ink tanks has been removed prior to reinstalling them.  Once the inks and print head have been reseated, please perform a manual print head alignment on the printer by following the steps shown here to see if this will help.  

Should you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Ramona
Authority

Hi pPerez,

When blank pages print, we recommend performing the cleanings and deep cleanings as you have done to try and get the ink to print.  Since you are still receiving blank pages from the printer, please remove and reseat all of the ink tanks and print head in the printer, ensuring that any tape that may be on the bottom of the ink tanks has been removed prior to reinstalling them.  Once the inks and print head have been reseated, please perform a manual print head alignment on the printer by following the steps shown here to see if this will help.  

Should you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you very much for your answer.

I will follow your suggestions and see what happens.

I would also like to know if someone that read this post faced this problem already and managed to overcome it.

I accept the answer.

Regards

In fact, I tested the printhead on another printer and it works perfectly.

So the problem is not the printhead.

Do you know what else can cause printing blank pages?. 

The printer is not giving any error code.

Hello.

If you continue to have difficulties, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Hi, I have exactly the same issue as pPerez but with an MG7550. I have replaced the print head with a genuine Canon part but the pages come out blank. I have cleaned and deep cleaned the print head and replaced all of the ink cartrides with new ones so there is plenty of ink available but still nothing. There is no support code showing..

PS - I have tried clicking on your 'contact us' link for further assistance but the website doesn't list my printer.

In my case, the board was defective.

Here is what happened to me from the beginning:

First my printhead failed, it gave an error code. I believe it was caused by some overheating problem.

Then I changed the printhead. No error code but it started printing blank pages.

I posted on this forum, but the suggested solutions didn't work for me.

I read somewhere that a printhead failure can also cause damage to the main board.

Fortunately, I had another printer (same model), that was broken for another reason, and I managed to extract the main board so I could replace it.

My printer works well now.

I hope this can help.

Hi pPerez and thanks for your response. Good to know the end of your story and I am glad you found a solution. Seeing as my Canon printer has the exact same problem yours did, it looks like mine may be cooked too. If I can't pick up a secondhand main board cheap I will have no option but to buy a new printer, Shame it was a really good printer!

Announcements