cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjust DVD print diameter

skyking421
Contributor

My new Pixma IP7220 "Garden" software has a CD/DVD printing feature.

It prints to the discs ok, but it leaves a small white border on the inside and outside.

I want to be able to increase the print size, so that the disc print is "borderless", with no white border, just like the Epson software allows.

Is it possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Not sure if the printer does borderless labels..  but this might help.

Image Garden

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Not sure if the printer does borderless labels..  but this might help.

Image Garden

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks, Rick

Yes, the "Image Garden" software does allow some adjustment to print diameters, but it does not allow the DVD to go fully borderless.  I suppose that they don't want ink spilling over the edge.

I guess it is good enough, although Epson allowed for full borderless.

Thanks again!

Greetings,

Glad it helped.  Back in the day, I printed borderless lables on an Epson printer as well.  I stil have my CD Stomper labeling kit.  The printer has long since died and was never replaced. 

Cheers 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

T-Mac
Contributor

The My Image Garden software itself is likely the problem. I have an MX922 and have the same white ring around all my disc prints when using that program. With third party software, I can print the full disc face. Nero CoverDesigner and Disketch both are capable of doing so. Unfortunately, they probably won't print correctly with the default settings, and you will have to do some trial and error to get the print centered and sized properly. It can be a messy process. Not only can third party software print to the edge of the disc, it can keep going and print all over the tray. Once you get it set properly you can save the settings, clean your tray, and be good to go.  

Announcements