cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why lbp 6670 dn slow printing PDF files?how to fix?

sk8er63
Apprentice

5 REPLIES 5

Stephen

Hi sk8r63!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thank you for your inquiry! So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

nestheking
Apprentice

Hi Everyone,

I have Canon 6670DN (Also 6780, 6750 printers, too). All these printers print very fast if I use A4 size papers. As you know A4 is 210x297 mm size. But if I use a little smaller paper such as 203x265 mm then it prints very slow (instead of 33 sheet per minute it prints 6 sheet per minute). One of the technical guy told me that if the width is smaller than 210 mm, then the printer assumes that it is not a normal sheet but it is an envelope. That's why it slows down very much. 

So here are my questions: Is there any way for me to get over this situation? Can I cheat or force the firmware so that to tell the printer "Ignore envelope printing"? Or do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you very much.

I discovered that it is not related to "envelope mode" but it is related to the "paper size and paper weight". In one of Canon manual it says:

If registering different paper size and the paper weight is heavier than 90 gr (91 gr to 199 gr) then print speed drops.

Now the similar question: Is there a way to force the printer to print as if it is not heavy?

Thank you.

Hello nestheking,

203 mm x 265 mm would be a custom page size on the imageCLASS LBP6670dn because it doesn't fit into any of the standard sizes (pages or envelopes) supported with this printer so printing maybe slower.  There isn't a way to force the firmware to ignore your custom page size so that the printer will print faster.  If you want your LBP6670dn to print faster, you will need to print on standard size paper (e.g. letter, A4, legal, etc.).

The LBP6670dn is designed to print on paper weighting between 16.0 lb Bond to 60.3 lb Cover (60 to 163 g/m²)).  You are correct that the print speed drops when printing on heavy paper (24.0 lb Bond to 60.3 lb Cover (91 to 163 g/m²)).  There isn't a setting to allow the LBP6670dn to print faster when printing on heavy paper.

If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello Sonya1,

Thank you for the answer. I think; because I am not the starter of this topic, I can not see any "Accept as Solution" button.

If I use the paper size Executive (191 x 254 mm or 7.5 x 10 inch) can I get fast solution?

Thank you and best regards.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements