cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when I press my scan button, it says please wait awhile, and then does nothing at all. Help!

alison15_p
Apprentice

My scan option isn't working.  It says "please wait awhile" and then after a few seconds goes back to original screen.

4 REPLIES 4

John_B
Rising Star

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what printer and operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

pixma MX452 printer. Windows 8. USB connection.

Hello.

Try scanning from the IJ Scan Utility program on your computer.   Do any errors occur when you are unable to scan with this program?

If immediate assistance is needed, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

What a BS answer, tell him how to make it work by pressing the button you installed on your printer he bought. Not through some janky software he shouldn't have to install.

Announcements