cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no default printer

johniebouy
Apprentice

hi,i am new to this forum.

heres my problem i have a canon imageclass mf4450 printer that i can not get to work,installed drivers per instructions,made it my default printer,but will not print at all.have a job in wordpad that will not print.

printer is not showing up in installed devices.

how do i remove all reference to this printer so that i re-install everything that may make it,thank you

i am using win7

1 REPLY 1

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello johniebouy,

I understand you are unable to print with your imageCLASS MF4450. Follow these steps to delete the drivers for your MF4450: (If certain items are not listed or found, move on to the next step.)

1. Unplug the USB cable from your MF4450.

2. Click [Start] on the Windows task bar, select [Devices and Printers]. The Devices and Printers window opens.

3. In the Devices and Printers window, right click on the MF4450 and select 'Remove' to delete the printer. Delete all of the icons for the MF4450.

4. Close the Devices and Printers window then select [Start] from the bottom left corner of the Windows screen.

5. Select [All Programs], [Canon], [MF4450] or [MF4400 series], then [Uninstall Drivers]. The [Drivers Uninstaller] dialog box appears.

6. Click [Delete].

7. Click [Yes]. Uninstallation proceeds automatically and next dialog box appears.

8. Click [Exit].

9. Restart your computer.

After your computer restarts, before you reconnect the USB cable, click HERE to go to our Drivers & Downloads page for yuor MF4450 to download the drivers. Reconnect the USB cable when prompted by the Setup Wizard or after the Setup Wizard is complete.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements