cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mf8050 won't scan

kajohnson
Apprentice

Found that my mf8050cn wouldn't scan after setting up again after a move, it asks me to "connect computer", which didn't make sense because it would print from the computer just fine (and scanner had worked without problems before move).  Uninstalled and re-installed the driver, and now the printer will step me through the scan menu, asks me to verify the destination which appears correct on the printer screen, but when I hit okay it just takes me back to the prior menu saying to verify destination, and also a windown pops up on the computer screen asking me to select the utility, only giving one option, but when I select that option and hit "ok" nothing happen, the window remains then the scan job times out.

2 REPLIES 2

Jason
Whiz

Hi, kajohnson!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer.  Thanks and have a great day!

Actually figured it out...when I uninstalled the printer driver I also uninstalled the utility software, which was separate.  When I reinstalled the driver I assumed (wrongly) that it would also install the utility.  So after re-installing the utility software it's working without issue now.  Thanks

Announcements