cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mf249dw scan to email help

yglazer1
Apprentice

Just got this all in one - set up wirelessly to router right away, prints easily.  but scan to email doesnt work on any email?  please help.

4 REPLIES 4

Jason
Whiz

Hi, yglazer1!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the version of Windows or Mac you are using. Also, who is your email provider?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks!

yglazer1
Apprentice
Ms windows 10 pro
Tried two different emails - one was yahoo and the other was my work email address
Confirmed both emails were correct but received error for each attempt - no error number

James_C

Hi yglazer1

Please keep in mind we will not know specific network information you will need to enter such as port numbers and so on.  You will need to obtain this information from your IT Admin as they will have this information available.  Also note that scan to email is designed to work with an on site email server such as an MS Exchange server or a Domino server and not offsite email servers such as Yahoo or G-Mail.

If your imageCLASS MF249 is connected to your network and you have an on site email server, you should be able to send scans via e-mail.  Please note that we recommend that network settings and settings to send scanned documents be performed by the network administrator.  The information for setting the imageCLASS MF249 to be able to send scanned documents is available when you click HERE

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

well, that's not good.  I am checking with my IT people about connecting to my work email. 

The device is currently connected to my router wirelessly.  If i connect it to the computer via hard wire, can i then scan to the attached computer?  if so, what connection need be used?

Thanks.

Announcements