cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mf tool box 4.9 freezes on install win 7 64bit

nwagtmustang
Apprentice

I installed the software using the provided disc about a month ago.  Running mf4770 laser printer.  I moved and can not find the disc.  The reason why I tried reinstalling the software was I got an error message in another language.  I uninstalled using the drivers from the canon website.  I unplugged the printer.  Reinstalled drivers after uninstall then tried to reinstal tool box. 4.9.  I get a box saing processing installation and it freezes.  The whole progress bar is empty.  I would try the disc but I cant find it.  This is really frustration.  The printer works fine.  The scan did work until somewhow the error message for scan was changed.  I have searched online and I only see problems with win 8 and toolbox 4.9. Any help with reinstalling this software?

2 REPLIES 2

nwagtmustang
Apprentice

I fixed it myself in case anyone else is having this problem.  I started Windows 7 in safe mode.  Was able to install mf toolbox.  Restarted the computer and software was installed.  next problem was getting it to scan.  I had to hit the scan button on the printer and go to remote scanner then open up toolbox and was able to scan.  I am connected by usb cable.  Why cant I scan from the computer without going to the printer first? 

Hi nwagtmustang!

We're glad to hear that you were able to resolve the scanning issue. 

Please note that the imageCLASS machines are designed so that you will need to select a scanning option at the machine.  There is no way to set a default scan option on this machine.  You will need to select [Remote Scanner] or [Computer].  This is to ensure that your device handles the scan project properly.

Although an extra step to perform, a benefit of selecting the desired mode for a respective scan can ensure that a scanner miscommunication does not occur if it were programmed to a different mode.

Should you need further assistance with your imageCLASS MF4770n, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements