cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mac os x yosemite and ipf 8400

LesS
Apprentice

after downloading new drivers & color caligration for os x yosemite 10.10 printer does not seem compatable anymore: error message : garodclfilter error 3000. Also can no longer choose monitor matching. Printing from Aperture.

4 REPLIES 4

Carney
Apprentice

If you have an ipf 8400s , be sure to download the 4.11 driver on the 8400s page. Not sure if it would impact the 8400 but worth a try.

JustCabinets
Apprentice
Same issue for us here. We are now toast and in the middle of holiday advertising season with a $5,000 350lb useless paperweight..

Canon please get use a driver that works!

iceland-jessi
Apprentice

I have an IPF6400 but I have the same problem. I've downloaded and installed the latest printer drivers (4.10 for the IPF6400) that claim to be compatible with Yosemite. However, I can't get past this "garodclfilter error: 3000". Anyone else had this problem and found a fix??

Hi Iceland-jessi and anyone else visiting with this issue!

I forgot to follow-up in here but I did get it working on our end. I think it really contributed to the old drivers that were left behind after uninstall. 

Here's the basic bullet points of what I did:

• Uninstalled the printer
  • Manually deleted the Canon folders that were related and left behind in any directory that could be found such as the Libray\Printers (Mac & Microsoft never delete everything when uninstalling)
  • Rebooted
  • Installed the printer driver for the ipf8400s Version 10.11(But I see now it's been removed by canon) so hopefully 10.10 works
  • Installed the Series Media Configuration Tool  Version 7.01 for OSX 10.9 (canon doesn't have the media configuration tool for OSX 10.10 listed)
  • Rebooted
  • Printing works woohoo!

btw, canon phone support didn't help us but perhaps reaching out to them will help for you. Ping me if you don't get anywhere and perhaps we can hookup during my off hours(Not like I have any though being an IT admin hehe) and we could do a remote session and I can see about helping.

I wish you'll the best of luck!

Ciao

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements