cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageclass D530 settings for two side printing

ejbpesca
Contributor

My new D530 is set for front and back printing as OFF yet it still prints front and back even though no instructions to do so.

Could this be a driver problem?  They have told me my driver sent with the printer is not correct for Windows 8.  I tried downloading one from the sight.  It did not load.  I can print but stuck in double sided mode even though says OFF.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

My printer is not 500 but rather 530

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

ejbpesca
Contributor
I may have found the answer. Reading on, I may have to tell my Windows 8.1 OS whether or not to double side print too..not just use the controls on the printer. ??

Hi ejbpesca.

The 2-sided controls on the control panel of the machine are for the copying function.  You do have to turn off the two-side printing feature in the driver.  Please follow the steps below to perform this operation:

1. On the computer, open the [Devices and Printers] window.
  2. Right-click on the D500 Series and select [Printing Preferences].
  3. Click on the [Finishing] tab.
  4. Click the drop-down box for [Print Style] and change it to "1-sided" or "2-sided".
  5. Click [Apply] or [OK] at the bottom of the window.
  6. Close the window and print your document.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  If you need any further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I cannot find a "finishing tab" in the location described.

My printer is not 500 but rather 530

It is under properties, not "finishing." 

I have the same problem on my iMac.  How do you do this on a Mac?

Hi jessasdad!

In the Mac OS X operating system, you will need to turn off 2-sided printing in each application.  Please follow the steps below:

1. Click [File], and then [Print] in the application you would like to print from.
  2. Click the drop-down arrow next to [Copies & Pages]or the name of the program.  This depends on the program that you are printing from.
  3. Select [Layout].
  4. Set the 2-sided option as [OFF].
  5. Click the "Presets" drop-down arrow and click "Save current setting as preset."
  6. Name it "1-sided" or "Single-Sided" and verify that the imageCLASS D530 is the only printer selected.
  7. Click "OK".
  8. Print the document.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The 530 printer and I guess others leads one to intuitively go to the led screen printer menu for settings, but that is only one part of the functions.  It is the computer's software that must be adjusted too for single or double sided printing.  I think the single side choice is under properties on most computers.  What threw me off was this is the first printer of very many I've owned that was set to double side printing from the start.

Must say the printer is doing well and so fast I was waiting on it to make clunky noises and print but it had already printed in a few seconds.  It is very nice to be away from ink jets that dry out even if not used.

I am unable to find where to change this setting.  I have tried the instructions above but there is no selection for changing 2-sided printing under the finishing tab.

I am running on a MacBoon Pro, using Parallels and Windows 7.  I know how to change in Mac programs but cannot figure out how to disable 2-sided printing in Windows 7 under Parallels.

Help.

Announcements