cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF8380Cdw Windows 8

louisfazzi
Apprentice

I have an imageCLASS MF8380Cdw, which worked fine with Windows 7 Professional, but after upgrading to Windows 8 Professional I cannot get it to work. Windows 8 says it is incompatible. I tried installing the drivers suggested on the drivers/software page, and still nothing, because those drivers are for Windows 7 and wil not work with Windows 8. My purchase is now just a waste of the money; to have this wonderful machine sitting there useless is extremely frustrating. Is there any help out there in Canon land? Or Windows 8 land?

1 REPLY 1

Julius
Rising Star

Hello, louisfazzi!

We do have Windows 8 drivers for both 32 and 64 bit versions available for your model.  If you still have the Windows 7 drivers installed, please uninstall them and then visit our SITE to download the correct drivers for your OS version.  Software is available too, which you will need for scanning and wireless setup (if you choose to connect wirelessly).

Once you are at the site, select your OS platform and operating system version from the drop down boxes that are available.  Once you do, Driver and Software categories will become available for your OS version.  Click the carrot next to the Drivers to expand the option, then click on the driver file you need.  Instructions for downloading and installing will be provided in the screens that follow.  Repeat this for the Software you wish to download.  Install the driver first, and then the software, and test.

If you are still having difficulties, please CONTACT US so we can provide more in depth troubleshooting/assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements