cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF753Cdw Wakes up from sleep mode and makes noise

jobeck10
Contributor

I just hooked up my color laser printer wirelessly to my computer. I noticed, that after it goes in to sleep mode, it periodically turns on, makes a few noises and then goes back to sleep. Is this normal for this printer?

18 REPLIES 18

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

It might be. This could be some type of maintenance.  How often does it occur and does it happen at the same times etc?

Laser printers don't typically need to charge themselves, So whatever additional information you can provide might help.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

It happens 4 or 5 times a day. I'm not sure if it happens at the same time or not, I will have to check on that.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

I'm thinking its cleaning something, but that's just a guess.  It might be something related to your network as well. 

Tell us what the frequency is if you can. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jobeck10
Contributor

the router freq is 2.4 ghz, would it be different if i put it on the 5 ghz?

starlight
Apprentice

I have the same problem. Did you figure out how to stop it from waking up?

Nothing yet

sebashuang
Apprentice

I am having the same issue.  Canon please fix.  It is very frustrating and frightening. 

Please press the "me too" button in the original post to vote it up.

Did.  Thanks.  

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements