cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF236n Feeder Scanning issue, documents not getting scanned

maix
Apprentice

Hi, 

When I put a set of documents into the feeder tray to be scanned, sometimes it'll take 2 or more papers at a time. The issue is that the documents that are behind the first one does not get scanned, therefore having to rescan. I'm not entirely sure how to fix this problem. I've been having to manually hold onto the other documents while one document gets scanned and it's just not working out. Has anyone had this issue and how did you fix it?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This can have more than one cause.  First, check the feeder and roller(s) in the ADF.  If they are excessive dirty or worn, page misfeeds can occur.  I usually wipe lightly with a moistened Q-Tip (plain water).  If a roller is excessively dirty, I might use a little rubbing alcohol on the Q-Tip.  (Sparingly, because it can clean, but also dry and cause cracking if the roller is brittle or old).  Some are replaceable from the Canon parts desk.

Pages should be fanned with a finger before putting them in the feeder, the same goes for loading paper into a cassette.  Sometimes the edges bind when paper is cut in giant reems.

Papers which have been unfolded or have deep crease lines can stick to one another too.  Sometimes you have to wiggle them apart a bit.

Last item.  Jams which are removed forcefully can actually cause alignment issues which can cause mis-feeds.  Either 2 pages at a time or pages which get cross fed.    

These are just some suggestions based on what I've experienced myself.  Normally the ADF is worry free, but every once in a while, one of the above happens.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This can have more than one cause.  First, check the feeder and roller(s) in the ADF.  If they are excessive dirty or worn, page misfeeds can occur.  I usually wipe lightly with a moistened Q-Tip (plain water).  If a roller is excessively dirty, I might use a little rubbing alcohol on the Q-Tip.  (Sparingly, because it can clean, but also dry and cause cracking if the roller is brittle or old).  Some are replaceable from the Canon parts desk.

Pages should be fanned with a finger before putting them in the feeder, the same goes for loading paper into a cassette.  Sometimes the edges bind when paper is cut in giant reems.

Papers which have been unfolded or have deep crease lines can stick to one another too.  Sometimes you have to wiggle them apart a bit.

Last item.  Jams which are removed forcefully can actually cause alignment issues which can cause mis-feeds.  Either 2 pages at a time or pages which get cross fed.    

These are just some suggestions based on what I've experienced myself.  Normally the ADF is worry free, but every once in a while, one of the above happens.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements