cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPF510 Upper Cover detection switch testing

Mike225
Apprentice

I have an iPF510 printer.

Can someone give me the procedure to test the cover detection switch?

I would like to determine if the switch has gone bad or if the machine has a more serious issue.

Machine gives a Close Upper Cover message when powered on.

Switch is stamped W41 5 F1G:

Thanks for any assistance you can provide,

Mike

2 REPLIES 2

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Mike,

I understand your imagePROGRAF iPF510 displays an message about closing the Upper Cover.  If you have not already done so, I suggest you reset your iPF510 using the steps below.  By resetting the printer's power, the print buffer is cleared and certain sensors are reset.  If there is invalid data in the buffer, or sensors are stuck in a particular mode; a message may appear.

Follow these steps to reset the printer:

1.  Turn the printer off with the Power button.

2.  Disconnect the data cable from the printer.

3.  Unplug the printer's power cord for at least ten minutes, and then plug it back in.

Note: If the power cord is plugged into a surge protector, it may be necessary (for testing purposes) to plug the cord directly into the wall outlet if possible.

4.  Turn the printer back on.

5.  Retry the operation.

If the error persists, I recommend contacting our Imaging Solutions Group at 1-800-423-2366 (press option 1 and then option 2 for Large Format Printers), Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays) for further assistance.  I realize that the forum may be your preferred method of communication; however, speaking with our telephone technical support group will be very beneficial in this case.

Due to liability issues, we are unable to provide you instructions to test the cover detection switch.   Please note that repair procedures are only available to members of our Authorized Service Facility (ASF) network.    

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Mike225
Apprentice
Thank you. Tried this today with the same result of blinking cover open message.
Announcements