cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i can't install driver for canon MF4770n.

annekent
Apprentice

I cannot install a driver for Canon MF4770n for windows. I get contradictory messages fro the Canon website when I try to install driver. One says unable to install drriver and another cannot install driver because it is alreaady installed which it isn't. I trry the override feature but that doesn't work either. The software that comes with the unit does not give me instructions, just a bunch of files which are meaningless to me. I am very frustrated and would appreciate help.

2 REPLIES 2

mcintoshal
Apprentice

I am having the same issue. I can't install new driver it is already installed. How do I remove it.

Uninstall a Driver

When you need to uninstall a driver completely, the best and safest method is to use the device’s uninstaller program (if it has one). If you added the device to your system through an installer (as is the case with most graphics card and sound card drivers, for instance), you can uninstall it just as you would any other program.

1. Click Start, type Uninstall Program, and press Enter.
  2. In the Uninstall window that appears, go through the list and find your device or drivers. Double-click the entry to begin the uninstallation process.

Sometimes devices won’t have an uninstaller, or the uninstaller will not appear in the list. In those instances, you can use the Device Manager to remove the driver completely.

1. Click Start, type Device Manager, and press Enter.
  2. Find and double-click the category of device whose driver you wish to uninstall (for example, the graphics card would be listed under Display Adapters).
  3. Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.
  4. Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.
  5. After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

After you roll back or uninstall a problematic driver, you can try downloading and installing the latest version from the manufacturer’s website, or try a specific version that previously worked to get your computer back on its feet.

Announcements