cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i-SENSYS scan-to-PC button to scan to SMB ?

liotier
Apprentice

Can the i-SENSYS 8300's scan-to-PC button be configured to scan to a SMB network shared folder ?

The i-SENSYS 8300 series feature two scan-to-PC buttons. As far as I understand, those require specific software on the destination PC - which supposes that the above-mentioned PC runs Microsoft Windows. We run an entirely Linux environment and we scan to SMB destinations - it works very well but we find the multiple button presses required for each scan tedious, especially when performed multiple times. That makes the scan-to-PC button concept attractive - just press to send to the destination... But is there any way to configure those useless scan-to-PC buttons to send to an SMB destination instead of a Microsoft Windows host ?

3 REPLIES 3

sewi
Apprentice

Any progress in the last three years?

prahait
Apprentice

Any progress in the last three years? Smiley Mad

Hello!

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

If you're in the USA, please call 1-800-OK-CANON for support.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Announcements