cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to STOP double sided printing on my MF229DW printer?

qianen
Contributor

how to STOP double sided printing on my MF229DW printer? I am using Windows 8. i tried every setting but still do double sided printing and copying. so anoying and waste time and paper. who can help? thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

qianen
Contributor
is there anybody can HELP me?

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello qianen,

If you only want to print 1-sided from your Windows 8 computer with your imageCLASS MF229dw, I recommend you make that selection in the printer driver.  Please ensure all programs are closed, not just minimized, then follow these steps to select 1-sided printing in the printer driver:

1.  Open the Properties/Preferences window for your printer.

• On your keyboard, hold the Windows flag key and press 'x', click 'Control Panel', then select 'Devices and printers'.  Right click on the listing for your printer, and then select 'Printing Preferences...' from the menu that appears.

2.  Click [Finishing].

3.  Select [1-sided Printing] from [Print Style].

4.  Select the binding edge from [Binding Location].  The output image is displayed in the preview area.

5.  Click [Apply] and [OK].

6.  Restart your computer.

If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

OK, i will try tonight, because all the setting i already tried but failed. hopefully this time can work on me. thanks.

still not working on my computer, is there any method can help? the printer i purchased at the beginning could set 1 sided printing, but after windows corrupted and i reinstall window, the printer could not set 1 sided printing anymore. how can i do? should i throw it to the garbage? it's so anoying.

it didn't help.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements