how do i install my pixma mg 2120 without the disk

rubens123
Apprentice

9 REPLIES 9

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello rubens123.

If the CD cannot be used, the drivers for the unit can be downloaded from our website.  Please visit the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/photo_all_in_one_inkjet_print...

Once there, select your version of Windows or Macintosh in the 'Select OS' menu to access the downloads.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The software that is there -- where you were told to go -- does not work with the Cannon PIXMA MG2120. I tried all of them and nothing would help me get the machine to work. I can make it scan, but it only goes to print. 

Hello txjack1956,

Downloading the "MP Driver" and the "My Image Garden" software should allow the printer to print and scan.  If you are still having difficulty, please click on the following "Contact Us" link for further assistance.

Thanks!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I followed this thread and downloaded the driver and all,now what I am wondering (because I have my instructions for the installation, and it said not to put in the usb cord before doing the disc...which I couldnt do because my dvd reader isnt working...)but now,since I have downloaded it online,can I just plug in the usb cord and start copying and scanning? 

Hello.

Additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your setup issues. 

Please visit the following link below to contact our support group for additional assistance.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

How would this help if "Note, we cannot respond to these comments." All the info on any message does not help the websights are more current info. So, can Pixma MG 2120 still be used now and in the future? Can there be a download that can be used as well as put in a seperate hard drive for future computers?

anthony5935
Apprentice

My printer can print, but it can't scan and I've already downloaded the MP Driver and MyImageGarden. Which is the correct program/driver to download so that it can scan?

Hi anthony5935,

What operating system are you using?  While you can scan with My Image Garden, please note that the printer was originally bundled with MP Navigator EX 5.0.  This is the recommend scan utility for the MG2120.  MP Navigator can also be downloaded from the Software section.

DemonWithin
Apprentice

I google this and found this  form    .  software  click link Then click "Drive and software" on page then download  

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg2120#D...

Happy Printering Smiley Very Happy

Announcements