cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i get the connection code and security code for the LBP6230dw

wiki11
Apprentice

Trying to connect with the canon app but not having much luck. It's asking for QR code or connection and security code. How do I get this for the  LBP6230dw. Wanting to print for iPad and iPhone and it said I needed this app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Found the app Canon Bussiness print will work with the printer and iphone. Still have some issues printing from emails. This is the best solution so far.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

wiki11
Apprentice

Well, I figured this out myself!! The app does not support the imageclass printers, yet it says as one of the features. "Easily print from a mobile device with the free Canon Mobile Printing app" NOT!!!  Get your stuff figured out people. There is no app for this printer that I have seen.

Found the app Canon Bussiness print will work with the printer and iphone. Still have some issues printing from emails. This is the best solution so far.

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello wiki11,

It sounds like you were using the Canon Direct Print & Scan for Mobile App in your first post (this app is not supported with imageCLASS printers including your imageCLASS LBP6230dw).  However, the Canon Print Business - iOS App is compatible with your LBP6230dw and will allow you to print from your iOS devices.  For more information about using this app, please review the FAQ section on our Mobile Solutions web site.  In the mean time, could you tell use more about the issues you are having printing?

If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Using outlook for IOS it will not let me print my emails. When I try to print conversation its looking for an Airprint enabled printer. Since this printer does not support this it won't let me print. I can go to files and print the file using the Business print app but thats it. In simple terms,  I can't print my emails.

Hi wiki11,

Please click HERE for speficiations/supported print file formats information.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Trying to connect my iPad to canon MX 532 wireless printer.What is connection code and security code

Hi, Bccoins.

The MX532 will use the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app (Google Play / App Store).  Before using it with the iPad, it will first need to be connected to the same network.  This model also supports Airprint; if it's on the same network as the iPad and not detected as an airprinter, then you may need to update its firmware.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements