cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection code to set up wireless printing

jamesescott_007
Apprentice

Im trying to connect my ipad app "canon direct print and scnan" is the app name and the app is asking for a connection code to identify my printer or it says i can use my ipad to scan the printers QR code that is on the printers front panel witch i cant find. can anyone tell my where this code can be found I tried the serial number with no luck?

37 REPLIES 37

jim4710
Apprentice

So where do we find the connection code for an MF8380cdw all in one?

I mever found it. I followed instruction within the app to connect via bluetooth.

Hello jim4710,

It sounds like you might be using our Direct Print & Scan for Mobile App, this app is not compatible with your Color imageCLASS MF8380Cdw.  When you want to print from your mobile device with your MF8380Cdw via your network, please use our Canon Print Business App.  It is available for free for iOS (iPad and iPhone) from the App store and for Android from the Playstore.  A connection code is not required for your MF8380Cdw when using the Canon Print Business App.  Click HERE for more information about our Canon Print Business -iOS App.  Click HERE for more information about our Canon Print Busiess - Android App.

If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Phil68
Apprentice
I have an imageclass MF8200 and need the connection code for a printer app. Any help?

Phil68
Apprentice
I am using the Canon Business App from n iPad

Phil68
Apprentice
I was, in fact, using the wrong app. I have switched ti Canon for business and am OK

James_C

Hi jamesescott_007

Please make sure that you see the WiFi symbol next to the carrier name in the upper left hand corner of your iPad instead of 3G.  Next, please follow these steps:

1.  Make sure that your PIXMA MG3520 is turned on.

2.  Load a sheet of plain paper.

3.  Press and hold the Stop button until the Alarm lamp flashes 15 times.

4.  Release the Stop button.

The PIXMA MG3520 will print the network information.

The Default Gateway address will be in this list.

Next, on your iPad, open Safari and type in the Default Gateway address.

Were you able to access the Default Gateway?  If not, your iPad is not operating on your network.

If you are able to access the Default Gateway, please look on the network information sheet that you printed out for the IP Address.

On your iPad, open Safari and type in the IP Address of your PIXMA MG3520.

Were you able to access your PIXMA MG3520?

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

It took Canon four years to respind to this query!?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements