cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection code to set up wireless printing

jamesescott_007
Apprentice

Im trying to connect my ipad app "canon direct print and scnan" is the app name and the app is asking for a connection code to identify my printer or it says i can use my ipad to scan the printers QR code that is on the printers front panel witch i cant find. can anyone tell my where this code can be found I tried the serial number with no luck?

37 REPLIES 37

Iammyself
Apprentice

Has anyone found the answer to this question yet? How do I find the QR Code or Connection Code for the Canon MX432?

Thor1
Apprentice
It's becoming rather apparent that cannon is having issues with their own products and this is a continuing issue. If you search on Google, there are multiple step by step instructions given by people who have an understanding of the product and know how to manipulate it properly. Cannon, you should hire some people who can actually help people and maybe be a little more straight forward with your answers. Asking a question to answer a question is something a politician or a crook does.

Hi Thor1!

The Canon Community Forums aren't intended for technical support, rather a place for users to get help from their peers. Occasionally Canon Subject Matter Experts will step in and offer help when they can. In most of the above questions, there isn't enough information provided for a concrete answer to be given.

All of the Canon Mobile Apps can be found here: CLICK ME

For personal printers, you will use the new Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app. If you find that you still need help, contact support. The number is 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) both here in the US and there in Canada. 

We hope this clarifies things for you! 

Dear Canon,

Please do not respond just to say that you're not going to respond!

To the other customers, try using the  Business app, not the print & scan app. That's what fixed it for me. 

Thank you so much for this tip. The business app works perfectly and I wonder why Canon did not suggest this from the start. Kudos!

You're welcome! 🙂

Mauricio_1127
Apprentice
So what was the solution

Hello Mauricio. The solution was to use the Canon printing app that is labeled "business". 

Iammyself
Apprentice
@mauricio_1127 The solution is to buy an HP.

Ha! I actually do have an hp now, laser with toner instead of ink. It prints faster and for a lot cheaper!

Announcements