cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection code to set up wireless printing

jamesescott_007
Apprentice

Im trying to connect my ipad app "canon direct print and scnan" is the app name and the app is asking for a connection code to identify my printer or it says i can use my ipad to scan the printers QR code that is on the printers front panel witch i cant find. can anyone tell my where this code can be found I tried the serial number with no luck?

37 REPLIES 37

Crista
Whiz

Hi jamesescott_007!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know which model printer you own. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Thanks!

I am also having this problem.  I am trying to use the same app on a galaxy note and I tried to scan the barcode with the printer app and it doenst work.  The printer is a canon pixma mx 452 what is the connection code or is there another app that will work for this printer or tablet?  Thank you

Hi jamesescott_007 and barlowryan,

The Canon print and scan app is designed specifically for our ImageCLASS and ImageRUNNER serise of multifunction models and will not work with the PIXMA brand models.  In the case of the MX452, it has built in Airprint capability, so no app should be necessary.  As long as the app you're trying to print from supports Airprint, you should be able to print to the MX452.  If the printer you are using does not support Airprint, you would want to install Canon Easy Photo Print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Canon easy photo print is the app that prompts for this mysterious "connection code", so we are back to the original question. What is the connection code for a mx452 connection from an ipad2 through an AT&T uVerse media gateway ?

I have a canon imagerunner 4080i and am trying to run the canon print & scan app and for the life of me, I cannot find this alleged "connection code", "security code" nor the QR Barcode anywhere on the machine.  The concept of printing from mobile device/tablets is elementary - yet I feel like an idiot, as I am completely hung up on this step in the set-up process.... for the love of God, please help me.... anybody...

Thanks,

Matt

Hi MattyMat!

Thanks for posting! Canon does not provide direct support for imageRUNNER series products, but your dealer will be able to help you! If you don't have a dealer, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we will be happy to provide you with the names of dealers who are in your area!

"My dealer" can suck a fat one...  The sole reason I posted is because they had no idea how to answer my question.  Thank you

I need to connect my printer to print from hp laptop hp say's I need a claim code and is canon mg2520 pixma compatible to hp eprint?

I need to connect my canon mg 2520 pixma printer to my hp laptop  the canon printer is connected HP say's that I need a claim code is canon mg 2520 compatible with an hp laptop?

Announcements