cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 1803 breaks Maxify MB5120 printing

howardmm
Apprentice

I had 2 Windows 10 PC's just updated to Windows 10 version 1803 (April Update).  On both of them, version 1803  broke Canon Maxify MB5120 network printing.   The issue is that the first document you print will come out (all pages) but then the printer hangs with the message "Printing ... Use the [Back] button to continue with the device operation".  This stays for 10 minutes or so but eventually times out.   If you try to print somethig else during this time,  it never comes out, even after the message goes away.  The document stays in the print queue.   Once you let the printer message time out, and you clear the print queue, and reboot your PC, sometime a new document will come out.

Network scanning was unaffected by Windows 1803,  just printing is messed up.  

Removing the printers and fax from the "printers and scanners menu" and successfully reinstalling the Canon Driver package did not help. The test page prints followed by the 10 minute (or so) hang as before

I reverted one PC back to Windows 10 version 1709 and it now prints to the MB5120 perfectly with no hangs, so it is definetly a Windows version 1803 issue and not an issue with the network or Canon MB5120 printer.

Note:  Both PC's and the MB5120 are connected with Wired Etherenet.    The MB5120 is using a fixed IP address via DHCP from the router..

3 REPLIES 3

howardmm
Apprentice
Canon support states that Microsoft will have a patch to fix this "before the end of May"

It has not been fixed "before the end of May" During this time Microsoft has released 2 updates for Windows 10 version 1803, KB4100403 on 5/25/2018 and KB4284835 on 6/12/2018. I installed both on my PC and reinstalled the Canon drivers from the web site, and it still gets stuck on network printing to my Maxify MB5120 "Creating print data". The PC that I reverted to the older 1709 version of windows 10 prints fine.
I am going to try to re-open my support request to Canon.

Hello,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements